Saturday, June 21, 2008

Update

I am trying to establish some sort of time to be able to sit and reflect on DIL sessions.
The project involves research regarding us as a group, and our progress & development of our skills. It started three weeks ago last tuesday (2 meetings) - fortnightly sessions, altho we can attend each week for extra help/info.
Unfortunately, I missed the Smart Board session which I was keen to attend. Hope to catch up with info some time soon.
Our first session explained the purpose of our group and involvement, establishing what people knew and how/what using at present. We discussed ideas of what we would like to learn and how the facilitators could assist.
The session concluded with a survey to establish what we knew, used and  understood/felt regarding our skills.
Before joining the group my Head of School had brought the DIL project to my attention, knowing I was keen to implement new ideas into the students e learning. 
I have developed various formative assessments with the thinking of enabling them to be on-line interactive activities.
I was introduced to Smart Board at a conference last year. Fantastic technology, loved the fact it's so interactive.
I attended a session re learning on-line at MIT, and went on to complete an on-line paper. Great experience to be on that side of the learning. I had excellent resources/ activities to aid my learning & felt particularly inspired to develop this technology for my own students.
My students are much more IT savvy & so feel important for them to include methods they relate to.
I'd like to include audio-visual resources re practical routines they can view/review after session.
I would like to increase my confidence & develop and extend my skills.
There are so many things unknown to me at this stage which will hopefully change through the tuesday sessions.
I am really looking forward to putting my ideas into action.

No comments: