Monday, August 18, 2008

August 12 session

Added new test on to EMIT. Good feeling knowing that I can!

Been looking at videos on YouTube for more info.... students liked link made to help with assessment.
Made me all the more keen to find out HOW to put movie onto powerpoint presentation... couldn't figure it out before.
Tried MITOSIS video
Firefox seems to be easiest.
Need to download helper plug-in from firefox, will come up as spinning balls.
Click on ball to open and drag mouse to mitosis flv
Save on disc/pendrive
(will need to be converted to put onto powerpoint - paste URL to Dave - can then put onto mediacat or can send to in movie format WMV/ WMF windows media fie- convert ppt.)
Ensure when saving movie ensure saved with ppt in same folder or parts get lost.

As we are coming to a conclusion with our focus group, I explained I was keen to see how to load a video/movie into ppt.
Oriel felt it important that I complete what I had planned to do as part of the focus group and so ensured that we covered this. This was something I hadn't initially thought of, but through the sharing of ideas and reflecting on our sessions it was an area I was keen to pursue.

No comments: