Monday, July 28, 2008

Catch up

Well... I had a quick look at wimba.com
Looks great re interactive nature...
so many different ways to be used...
voice - thought could be great way to aid student pronunciation of new terminology such as highlight terminology in given text - student to click on word and pronunciation given/ in form of given glossary - voice/explanation/image or similar to aid understanding.
I've been keen from the word go in using videos as part of student learning various practical routines... great for them to be able to access outside the classroom too.
In create - interactive features, dialogue boxes - increase appeal of written text.... from a student survey carried out the students like using computers/MP3/txting and not so much reading of the hard copy format. They are much more likely to interact if the information is in a format they are using daily... bebo/facebook commonly used - they enjoy/react postively to the variety.
I googled mediacat as the page wasn't coming up... it identified suesdilproject, wordpress.com and my blog site... so didn't get any further there.... maybe have to access from work only.
I had a look on you tube at the weekend... looked at beauty... odd video quite interesting, searched eyebrows re brow shaping and found a couple of good short videos I thought the students could watch. Good to look but can become extremely time consuming/distracting!
I'd forgotten all about my facebook site. Had a couple of emails reminding me to go and have a look.. a couple of old school friends were there! Hardly recognised them!.......................... sent them a beer :)

No comments: